Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So I absolutely love visiting my sister in laws blog, at least on a daily basis - despite the fact that she doesn't post stuff daily, and so I think I am going to try out this whole blogging thing.


I don't know if you HAVE to have a theme for these, but my sisters does and I like that idea, besides, I at least need a subject to ramble about -- so as of now I think the theme of this is going to be my interest in photography. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a complete shutter bug and that I secretly think I am a professional photographer that just hasn't been discovered yet!!!! I'm very amatuer, self trained, with a bit of a lack of equipment. I have a nice camera (thanks LI) but nothing on a professional level. I just love taking pics of my loved ones and anything else I see that looks like it should be imprinted forever on a piece of semi-gloss photo paper. I love how everyday things can become art with the right angle and lighting, unfortunatley half the time I see that, I can't seem to translate it to the picture correctly (hence my lack of technical skills)!!! With that said you will most definately see pics I have taken, probably a few random pics I have found on photobucket that I just like, and maybe a few guest spots from some friends of mine.


So anyhow.......hope you enjoy this - hope I enjoy this ;) and hopefully you dont mind run-on sentences, improper grammar, and a lack of punctuation -- and please feel free to leave comments or email me or post your own pics if you want to share (not sure if that can be done I am still learning) I am a talkative person, but much prefer a 2 way conversation, not to mention how lame it would be for me to be doing this blog and absolutely nobody even visiting it!!!!!


Well, let's get on with the show!!!

The weather outside sucks and so for my first pic I'm going to post one of my all time favorites from summer. I took it on my parents pontoon boat at Cinnamon Lake -- believe it or not this pic was not posed, I just happened to glance at the sunglasses and notice the reflection and thought what a great picture it would make. I wish you could see a bit more of the trees and lake in the backround , but before I cropped that stuff out you didn't really notice that there was a reflection in the sunglasses, also would have liked not to have seen the photographer in the reflection -- like I said, can't always translate what I envision.

Nonetheless, I love this pic and the way it capture the essence of summer at Grammas. Let me know what you think ;)


2 comments:

SHAUNTE said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SHAUNTE said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.