Saturday, August 15, 2009

~ Back 2 School Alterations ~











So yeah, I guess I am a little behind getting this thing going :)~
But, now I have more motivation!!! I have become a member of the Kit Club on ScrapBookDeals4U.com...................I will be posting a link on my blog to theirs as soon as I figure out how ;) I totally LoVe this website and I really want to get into the contests and stuff they have for us scrapbookers!!! So here is my first asssignment:
These are Composition Books I made for my daughter, niece, and nephew. I totally stole the idea of my SIL Lisa - so I can't take all the credit ;)~
Anyhow, with my daughters (8 yrs old), it was the first one, and mind you the first ANYTHING I have done in years....seriously!!! I have been stocking up on goodies for the last eight months, but haven't acutally used anything *guilty face* I'm sure my husband just loves how much money I spend on scrappy goodies that I wasn't using!! Well, I made hers at night after I talked with her a while about what she wanted, and when she saw it when she woke up she DID NOT like some of the paper I used.....so since it was totally for her I broke down and redid it!!!! I wasnt really paying much attention to the products I used, but I will get better at that as I go.
Some of the stuff used was Paper Studio, Prima, Thickers, and Heidi Swapp. Hers is the Purple one.

Second, I made my 12 year old niece one.....trying to learn from my mistakes, I took her to the store to pick stuff out. This made it a nice challenge. It was hard enough in the first place to NOT use stuff that I knew was not going to hold up from the wear and tear of a bookbag and schoolyear....but now using specific things I might not have picked, well, that was a whole different world ;)
Hers turned out very cute though and she is very happy with it as her fave color is green and she is NOT a super flowery girly girl, so she loved her RoCk stickers we found.
for hers I used:
>heidi swapp wing rub-ons,
>k&company "rockstar" chipboard stickers
>creative imaginations crown brad
>thickers "gift box" letters
>American Crafts "teen" paper line
>inked edges, blinged it and finished it with a ribbon!!

Lastly, but DEF not least is my fave 5 year old little nephew!!! I mean his book ;)~
I love him....er, uh, I mean HIS the best. For his I used:
>Random Paper from stash
>VinylThickers "Sprinkles"
>Making Memories "heidi-white" rub-on letters
>Inque Boutiqe "Out of this world" felts and chipboard embellies
>buttons and felt ribbon from Lime Ricky kit
>used silver pigment to ink the edges & Fancy Pants rub-ons "the daily grind"
And FINALLY here are the pics.....I promise I will figure a way to condense my postings from short stories to the summary!!!LOL



No comments: